How could a skin consultation benefit me?

by | Mar 22, 2021

Skin consultations are really helpful for specific concerns such as acne, rosacea and pigmentation. In addition, they are great for people who feel that there isn’t anything medically wrong with their skin but that over time their skin has developed uneven tones, appears more thin and more lax and has developed fine lines and wrinkles.

It might be that you have tried many high street products for these concerns and/or you may have tried medication but you just aren’t getting anywhere and things just aren’t improving.

A skin consultation can be really beneficial. In fact, cosmetic dermatologists would go as far as saying most people over the age of 35 years would actually benefit from a skin consultation!

What will a skin consultation involve?

It will involve a detailed assessment of your concerns, your current skin care regime, past tried and tested products, allergies/sensitivities, your medical and social history. Sometimes within this I can identify something that is contributing to these symptoms. I will then go on to assess your skin.

Currently due to Covid-19 I am trying to do this virtually by video consultation. I will ask you to remove make up and have the consultation in a room with good lighting.

If you have a concern that I feel is better dealt with by a dermatologist then I will explain that within the consultation.

Following the assessment I will put together a treatment plan that addresses your concerns and fits your budget and your schedule.

What will the treatment plan entail?

First and foremost it will involve a skin care routine using medical grade skin care products. Without a good skin care routine you really reduce your chances of a successful outcome.

In the world of cosmetic dermatology we say that the home skin care routine accounts for 70% of the good result. The remaining 30% is achieved through in clinic treatments such as medical grade peels, SkinPen microneedling and or injectables such as botox, dermal filler and skin boosters.

It might be that you only want some products or that you want products and a medical grade peel before a special birthday or family photoshoot. It might be that you want to try a full treatment plan. Everyone is different. We can chat through all the options and come up with a plan that fits your budget, schedule and life plans.

How much does a skin consultation cost?

My skin consultations are currently free as part of my free initial no obligation consultation offer.

What is the difference between medical grade products and high street products? Aren’t they all just creams that don’t actually do anything?

Before I trained in aesthetics and cosmetic dermatology this was exactly what I thought! It wasn’t until I worked in the clinic in London that I saw the results you could get through skin care routines alone. I was so surprised and it opened up a whole new world to me!

High street products will say on the pack that they contain retinol, vitamin C or hyaluronic acid. The problem is they tend to be low strength precursors of the active ingredient which means they have very limited benefit.

Medical grade products have different strengths of the active ingredient itself which I can cater to need and tolerability. As a consequence they get results.

How do I book a skin consultation?

You can book in by emailing me at louisebyeoptimise@gmail.com or by using our website contact form.